Ms. Bathtub

Musings from Carye Bye of Portland, Ore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Ore., United States

I may be Ms. Bathtub, but I hardly ever take baths.. I do shower that is, so don't worry!

I am the director of the Bathtub Art Museum and also run my own printing card & novelties business under the name Red Bat Press. I live in the great bike fun-friendly city of Portland.

I'm always up for a good adventure; however anything goes here.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Advice on marrying a Minnesota Girl


Last week in the Oregonian there was an interview with Garrison Keillor aka Minnesota's favorite son. When asked "If we'd met 30 years ago, and I told you I was about to marry a woman from Minnesota, what advice would you have given me?" Garrison replied, "Develop a fondness fo Jell-O. Jell-O with little slices of mandarin orange in it." I had a good laugh -- Last year at several party functions (as a former Minnesota girl myself) I pushed my Minnesota Jell-O salad - one even had mandarin slices in it. On both occasions very little was eaten. Ah more for me! Now if I had brought my jell-O salad to a party in Minnesota. oh Ya, You bet there wouldn't be any leftovers there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth M. said...

Oh, fer yum, Carye. You've got my mouth watering, dontcha know, with that picture of jello salad. Was I ever at those parties where you served jello salad? Next time you have a party, just let me know 'cause I'll come with.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home