Ms. Bathtub

Musings from Carye Bye of Portland, Ore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Ore., United States

I may be Ms. Bathtub, but I hardly ever take baths.. I do shower that is, so don't worry!

I am the director of the Bathtub Art Museum and also run my own printing card & novelties business under the name Red Bat Press. I live in the great bike fun-friendly city of Portland.

I'm always up for a good adventure; however anything goes here.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spite & Malice


On a past Friday night, I left a message for my friend Tresa inviting her to play cards with Matt & I. Later she told me she got the message while whe was out at the bar with friend and they all had a good laugh. She explained to me that Friday nights are not for playing cards, and that perhaps she'd join us on a Monday or Tuesday.


The last Friday and Saturday night, Matt and I couldn't help ourselves, but found ourselves staying home and playing cards. We've come back from our train trip to LA and San Francisco with a new card game that we can't get enough of - Spite & Malice - that a couple from Seattle taught us on our last leg up the coast. It seemed like every travelling couple we met had a favorite card game - an arty-environmental pair from Tulsa, OK played a specific progressive rummy (they are emailing us the rules), and another couple together 50 years still loved to beat each other playing gin rummy and other games. It's interesting how games such as cards are passed on - and would make a great subject of a book - if it hasn't been done already.


PS. I do believe I beat Matt twice last night in cards, though I'm sure he'd tell you different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home