Ms. Bathtub

Musings from Carye Bye of Portland, Ore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Ore., United States

I may be Ms. Bathtub, but I hardly ever take baths.. I do shower that is, so don't worry!

I am the director of the Bathtub Art Museum and also run my own printing card & novelties business under the name Red Bat Press. I live in the great bike fun-friendly city of Portland.

I'm always up for a good adventure; however anything goes here.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Folks, It's year of the Poodle!


Yes it's not only just Year of the Dog - it is 2006: Year of the Poodle! I'm not sure what that means for us. Poodles are typically short yippie dogs who have an 'air' about them. Does that mean that 2006 will be grand in small ways? That we should remember to view the world from the ground up? Or that it's time to dress up, prance around and have fun?


Nonetheless - I've printed 100 limited edition "Year of the Poodle" postcard prints. They are available at the Red Bat Press online shop. Also Reading Frenzy in downtown Portland may have a few. Sorry to those who where hoping for Year of the Great Dane or Year of the Pug. Maybe in 12 more years??

4 Comments:

Blogger Clarence Jr. said...

Hey you know what is in a few days? Pi Day. Yes that old number from our childhood - 3.14159 and on and on...

So on March 14th at 1:59 AM you are supposed to feel a little something.

Don't know why that came to mind. How are you?

2:22 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bathtub said...

Pi day - That sounds like a good day to eat Pie. I'm great. I hear you are coming to Portland - what dates?? I will clear my schedule to visit with you and Ms. Holy Bicycles!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth M. said...

Can't wait to visit you, Ms. B., in Portland really soon!

Two stories: one, I got chased on my bike by a tiny, black poodle yesterday. The pup was just about to jump into it's humans' car when I think I rode too closely and startled it, 'cause it chased me, barking the whole way, about a block before it (thankfully) stopped.

And secondly: National Mole Day is October 23 from 6:02 AM to 6:02 PM. It's the annual celebration of Avagadro's Number (a measurement in chemistry), which is 6.02 x 10^23.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Clarence Jr. said...

Actually I just did a post about Pi Day!

http://trorb.blogspot.com/

We coming in a little over 2 weeks.

C

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home