Ms. Bathtub

Musings from Carye Bye of Portland, Ore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Ore., United States

I may be Ms. Bathtub, but I hardly ever take baths.. I do shower that is, so don't worry!

I am the director of the Bathtub Art Museum and also run my own printing card & novelties business under the name Red Bat Press. I live in the great bike fun-friendly city of Portland.

I'm always up for a good adventure; however anything goes here.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Shooting from the Hip


Hold the camera at the hip and take the shot.
These instructions comes from a small photo book called Shooting from the Hip showing photographs from a UK photographer during the 80s, early 90s. The book belonged to Rory (see next post) and I loved this book. On my return visit to Cork, Ireland in 1997 I saw the book again sitting on his shelf and was determined to find my own copy when I was in London. I searched every bookseller I could find, and finally, when I just about gave up hope, there it was in the last shop sitting on the shelf.

I just took this photo on my lunch, after I chased after this Chinese man, a newspaper clenched behind his back, three blocks from Burnside heading south down 5th Avenue. The sun was so bright that I didn't know if I could get the shot. When I caught up, I pulled out my camera, kept it low, pushed the button, and smiled when I saw my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home