Ms. Bathtub

Musings from Carye Bye of Portland, Ore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Ore., United States

I may be Ms. Bathtub, but I hardly ever take baths.. I do shower that is, so don't worry!

I am the director of the Bathtub Art Museum and also run my own printing card & novelties business under the name Red Bat Press. I live in the great bike fun-friendly city of Portland.

I'm always up for a good adventure; however anything goes here.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tall Bike Parking on Mt. Tabor



Who knew the Portland Park & Rec could be so accommodating - There is indeed tall bike parking at the top of this extinct volcano! And what luck, Jake and his tall bike happened to be in the park, and he was happy to know that he had bike parking to meet his needs.

This discovery happened last week when New York transplant Tresa & I biked around Mt. Tabor Park to train for our upcoming Mt. Hood bike trip. The park is free of cars on Wednesdays, and each week we are biking up and down the main loop to gain strength, adding extra loops each visit. Tonight we will be riding 7 loops (We did 5 last week, and 3 the first) and our final week before our trip we are attempting 10 loops! The scene at Mt. Tabor sans cars is awesome - skateboarders are out, people and their dogs, cyclists training for races. Though last week was a little hectic with a bunch of runners - who don't really know how to share the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home